What a fun Donut Run! The traveling trophy has a new home…congratulations to Connor Young for a great finish. Congratulations to the Oldies But Goodies for their overall team win and to the Backyardigans for the best costume. Thanks to everyone who helped out with this event – we couldn’t do it without all the great parent support. OEXC families are the best!
Here are your Donut Run results.
The DONUT RUN is this Saturday, August 25th on the Olathe East Practice Fields. This is an event you will not want to miss so bring your camera and be there in time for team introductions at 7:45am. If you signed up to bring something to the Donut Run, look for the table to place those items as you enter the practice field.
If you have not had the chance to turn in your BOOSTER CLUB FORM AND DUES, please bring them on Saturday. We will have a table set up to collect those forms and answer any questions!
Finally…SPIRIT WEAR DEADLINE is Sunday, August 26th at Midnight! Here is the link to order directly from the Hawks Nest: https://webstores.activenetwork.com/school-software/olathe_east_high_sch/index.php?l=product_list&c=76
Donut Run Schedule
6:30 am…..Locker Rooms at Olathe East open.
7:00 am…..Meet with your Donut Run teams at the starting line for course walks and warmup
7:45 am…..Team introductions at the starting line
8:00 am sharp…..Donut Run Race
8:30 am…..Donut Run Fun Run
8:45 am…..Donut Run Awards at the finish line.
9:00 am…..Donuts and Fun!
OLATHE EAST CROSS COUNTRY
SHAWNEE MISSION PARK PRACTICE
TIME: 8 am to about 9 am
PLACE: We will meet in the Visitor Center/ Park Police Parking Lot, 7900 Renner Road. Take Renner Road to the Shawnee Mission Park Entrance on 79th Street….Turn left into the park. The Visitor Center is right at the entrance to the park, we meet in the parking lot behind that station. This entrance is about a ¼ to ½ mile south of the Theatre in the Park entrance. If the Visitor Center parking lot is blocked we will park in the parking area about a ¼ mile west of Center.
COME DRESSED TO RUN.
DIRECTIONS FROM OLATHE EAST: Go North on Blackbob to 119th Street, Turn West (left) left on 119th to Renner Road (across the I-35 bridge). Go North on Renner. The Park entrance is about 6 miles north of 119th street. Allow yourself around 15 to 20 minutes driving time.
Click here for map of park.
Please join us on Wednesday, August 15th for the OEXC Parent/Booster Club Meeting. The meeting starts at 7pm in the Drama Theatre, but come a little early to pay Booster Club dues and order any OEXC swag! Coaches will discuss what it means to be part of the OEXC team and what to expect during the season. Booster Club will talk about being a part of a great group of parents that supports the OEXC team of coaches and athletes throughout the season.
OEXC practice will start on Monday, August 13th. All runners should meet at 3pm in the Olathe East commons to complete paperwork and checkout. There is a REQUIRED team meeting at 3:15 that will be covering concussions and heat related illnesses. All runners must be present for this meeting before they will be allowed to start practice so please be on time!
Here are the links to the videos:
Heat-related Illness Video
Check out the updated 2018 OEXC Meet Schedule!
We are less than one week away from the official start of required OEXC practice (get those physicals turned in as soon as possible)! As the new season starts, here are a few dates to put on your calendar:
- Parent/Booster Club meeting: Wednesday, August 15th at 7pm – OE Drama Auditorium – meet the coaches and Booster Club members to find out how you can be a part of this awesome team. It takes lots of hands to make this a successful season – consider volunteering for the many open spots on our Sign-Up Genius. We will talk more about opportunities at the meeting too!
- Donut Run: Saturday, August 25th – race starts at 8am (this is a definite must-see event – come early to see the team introductions around 7:45am).
- Pizza Shoppe Fundraiser – Wednesday, September 12th – This is our only fundraiser of the season so spread the word to friends, family and neighbors that they can take a break from cooking that night and support OEXC runners at the same time!
- Spirit Wear – Deadline will be announced at the meeting, but here is a link to check out all the OEXC cross country items: OE Hawks Nest
Coaching Staff Change: This year we say good-bye to Coach Miller. She was named the head cross country and head girls basketball coach at Oregon Trail Middle School – we wish her all the best!
A warm welcome goes out to Kelsey Lathrop as she heads back to Olathe East – this time as a coach! Kelsey graduated from Olathe East in 2014 and went on to run at Wichita State University. We are excited to have her back!
OEXC Alumni Note: The wedding of Kayla Davis and Anders Hanson (Class of 2016) took place on July 28th and was officiated by our very own Coach Gunn! Congratulations Kayla and Anders Hanson!
Stay tuned for more information as we start another great OEXC Season.
Summer Runs begin in 1 week! Check out all the details here.
Thanks again to all of the coaches, families and athletes for making Tuesday night’s banquet so fun and run so smooth! The senior send-off’s were very creative, funny and touching all at the same time. This year’s seniors will certainly be missed, but I can already tell the Junior class is ready to step-up and lead the 2018 season. It will be here before you know it.
Congratulations to Meg Voigt and Alex Kirk – this year’s recipients of the OEXC Senior Scholarships – you make us proud!
Hello OEXC families! Please read the following note from Coach Bozarth:
Just a few rules from the KSHSAA regarding the post season and if you want to run road races or post season cross country meets like Nike.
1) You can’t wear Olathe East uniforms or sweats. No school issued gear can be worn.
2) While coaches can be at the meet, we can’t come to the line with you, or hold a pre-race meeting. Coaches can’t provide transportation or arrange housing. It all has to be done by parents.
3) If you organize a team, it’s a club team….don’t name it Olathe East whatever……it can’t reflect the high school.
4) It’s all very VOLUNTARY!!!
5) Do not accept merchandise as a prize or even a giveaway. You can only accept medals. No trophies for the team.
The 2017 OEXC Banquet is less than 2 weeks away!
The Coaches would like to invite all runners and OEXC families to come celebrate another great year of running and friendship. All forms/banquet money must be turned in to Coach Daniels by November 8th! Remember that your runner’s meal is free – additional meals are $12.00/each. Please make checks payable to OEXC Booster Club. Click here for the Banquet Form.
Date: Tuesday, November 14th
Place: Olathe East Commons
Senior Families – If you have not already done so, please email ASAP (email@example.com):
- A picture of you and your senior runner (unless I already took one)
- A baby picture of your senior.